Friday 28 December 2007

THE MANAGER'S GARDEN

First, as well as my PA
I need an Executive Officer
Resources are short
And we must institute
The most cost-effective
Management structure

Second, to examine the process
I need a Consultant
Who, using an American Book
Will make recommendations
About our systems of service delivery
And communication.

This will free me up
To develop an overview
From the confines of my office.

Rationalisation will me necessary
To get rid of weeds and awkward plants
So that the ground can be cleared for planting.

A minor inconvenience
Has been an unexpected
Round of cuts
Demanded from the Big House.

So some of the garden
Will have to be concreted over
Although an attractive feature
From a shortlist
Will be consulted on.

I want to make it clear
That the old plants
Have done a sturdy job.

But this has to be a modern garden
Fit for modern times
So they will have to be relocated
Or rooted up.

Unfortunately
I will not be able to see my creation
In all its mature glory


For I have been given an opportunity
By another Big House
To apply my valuable skills

To a new challenge
In a new garden scenario

Where there is need for urgent reform.

No comments: